Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Asked: Fashion Photography Color Repooduction

Q: I am in Shenzhen use Elinchrom studio flash, Canon 5DII and shoot with AWB in my studio, how come I cannot get the color right out of my camera, my shots lead me to days of post production. ... (long story) A: Since you don't use hand held light meter, you cannot really nail down a neutral exposure. You don't using any color managed digital capture, you actually noway to make the colors neutral. You don't standardize your post production work flow. Sometime Canon's software and sometime Lightroom. (what?) You are not a professional photographer, although you have shoot fashion for living for couple years. You should buy a light meter, color checker passport and learn from begin. PS: I create some files for him(as the one show), and let him understand the importance of color checkers etc. ...



via Ken Tam Photography Blog http://ift.tt/1jA78i5

No comments: